Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Questions?!

"Coping with Depression" - really helped a lot.
There is one section really boost me.
Thought of sharing here.

IQRA' :)

Ilmu beb. Siapa taknak?

Qs To help you challenge your negative thinking!

1. Am I Confusing A thought with a Fact?

The facts that you believe something to be true, does not necessarily mean that it is. Would your thought be accepted as correct as other people? What objective evidence do you have to blame yourself with it?

2. Am I Jumping to conclusions?

This is the results based on poor evidence. E.g : Depressed people often believe that others are thinking critically about them. But non of us are MIND READERS. How do you know what someone else are thinking?? You may be right, but don't jump into conclusions. Stick to what you know, and if you don't know, find out for yourself by asking questions.


3. What Alternatives Are There? (Solution)

Are you assuming your perception is the only solution? Have you looked at other alternatives before you got depressed? How would another person look at it? How would you think if someone else explaining at you?

4. What is the effect of thinking the way I Do?

What do you want? What are your goals? Do you want to be happy? Is the way you're helped you to achieve this? Or is it blocking your way to happiness?

5. What are the pros and cons in thinking that way?

Did you list out disadvantages outweigh the advantanges? Everything has pros and cons. There is none of us who are really bad or really good. What makes you depressed? The goods? or the bads?


6. Am I asking questions that have no answers?

Questions like "Why is Life so unfair?" "Why does this happen to me?" "What is the meaning of life?. Nagging by questions like these is a guarantee for your life to be depressed. If you can make them to be an answerable question, why not. If not? Do not waste your time.


7. Am I using Double Standard?

You may expect more of yourself than other person. How would you react if someone else is in your shoes? Would you be so hard on them? It would be nice if you could be nice and treat them as good as yourself. Doesn't cost a penny isn't it?

8. Am I paying Attention to black side of things?

Are you focusing on everything has gone wrong during the day and forgetting on what you have achieve today?

10. Am I Worrying about the way things are meant to be, instead of accepting and dealing with the problem as the are?

Are you allowing events in the world to feed your depression? By telling people's life is awful? It is freaking sad if you can just look at people suffer rather than helping them by finding some solution. Getting depressed on it is not helping.

11. Am I assuming I can do nothing with my situation?

Pessimism about the chances of changing things is central to depression. It makes you jump into conclusion and give up before you can even start. You'll never know whether your problem does not have any solution until you try to make one. Is the way you're thinking help finding you your answers or is it depressing you?

12. Am I Predicting the Future instead of experimenting it?

The fact that youre acting in a certain way in the past does not mean to say that you have to do so in the future. If you just predict the future instead of trying something, you will go No where. Change is difficult, but it is not impossible.

I personally had the same feelings. like HER once. She's a good writer. a social writer.

Okey... Time to toxify myself. Turrah!

No comments: